I don't like "Not Afraid" either, actually. He was way cooler when he was doing songs like "Stan" and "The Way I Am" (I LOVED "Love The Way You Lie" and "I Need A Doctor" though so I'll cut him a little slack ).
"About A Girl", "State Of Love And Trust", and "Don't Look Back In Anger" are all amazing as well. This talk about Nirvana, Pearl Jam, and Oasis makes me want to do another best songs list, LOL.
8. Uncle Krackhead - (Please Let This Damn Song) Drift Away (So I Could Never Hear It Again) (2003) No, I don't believe in your stupid song, crackwhore. The original was done by Dobie Gray in... I don't remember what year. But then in 2003 this douchebag decided to cover it. When I first heard it on the radio, I didn't like it that much. Then it became a hit, and by about the 100th time I heard it, I still didn't like it. But then by the 8267548264686937th time I heard it I was SO f**kING SICK OF IT that if I seriously hear this song again, trust me, I WILL throw a fit. This song is played SO much in Florida that I really, really, really, REALLY don't want to hear this s**t ever again. Probably the most overplayed song of all time in my book.
Last Edit: May 24, 2011 10:36:41 GMT -5 by JessiePie
Post by Billy Uranus on May 24, 2011 11:12:37 GMT -5
I actually like that song. This was a huge hit on Hot AC when the format, in my opinion, was at its all-time peak or close to it. I wouldn't expect you to like songs by Kid Rock's former turntable man though.
7. 50 C*nt - Candy Flop (2005) Yes, I know this was #1 last time. 50 Cent, while he is still shit in my book, is not as much of an annoyance to me now as he was back in 2006. I'm still outraged though that this crappy ass song stopped Green Day from getting a #1 SMASH on the Hot 100 with "Boulevard Of Broken Dreams"! Seriously, what song do you still hear more now - this dumb crap or BOBD? Green Day's song is in, 50's is as out as the sun. NEXT!
Post by Billy Uranus on May 26, 2011 13:02:04 GMT -5
I actually like that song too lol. When I think about 2005, 50 Cent is one of the first artists that pops into my mind. The others would be Green Day, Mariah Carey, Gwen Stefani and The Backstreet Boys reunion. This was pretty good for Top 40/Hip Hop in 2005, because that was a pretty boring year for those formats overall.
Oh I have nothing against Gwen in 2007, in fact I almost saw her in concert that year but I decided not to go because Akon was opening. I didn't like the route BSB were going though, all of a sudden every song they did was a ~ballad~ and there were no more jams like "Everybody" and "Larger Than Life".
You are right about 50 Cent not keeping his word. I actually bought the Curtis album though, and I was a big supporter of 50 at the time. You know why? Because I'm gangsta and Kanye is a BITCH!
6. Lil' Payne – 6 Foot 7 Foot (Neither Are My Size) (2011) Seriously, what the hell is this?! I swear this dude has the most annoying voice EVER. On a side note, I would've totally put "Prom Queen" on this list if I remembered what it sounded like. But anyway, I wish "Weezy", whatever kind of dumbass nickname that is, stayed in jail so he wouldn't have to torture us with his crappy voice anymore.
5. Reel Big Douchebags - Kiss Me Deadly (2000) It all started in 1988. Heavy metal icon/legend Lita Ford, the most talented, awesome, sexiest woman in the music industry, scored a breakthrough pop hit in the summer of 1988 with the AMAZING classic, "Kiss Me Deadly". Twelve years later a CD of ska bands singing 80's metal songs comes out called Metalliska, and the band Reel Big Fish decided to cover the Legendary Lita classic. I first heard this in the summer of 2007 around the time I started listening to Lita's music because I heard about this cover and was curious about it. Well guys, after hearing this for the first time, I came to the conclusion that this is THE WORST MOTHERf**kING COVER I HAVE EVER HEARD IN MY LIFE!!! I know I sound biased because I'm, like, the ultimate Lita stan and I was never big on ska unless No Doubt counts, but TALK ABOUT RUINING A CLASSIC! This song is evil beyond belief. There are certain songs that should just never be touched, and "Kiss Me Deadly" clearly is one of them. Just AWFUL. Now, I'm pretty sure all of you have heard the amazingness that is the original version, considering what an amazing, legendary, iconic, classic tune it is. But in case you somehow haven't heard Lita's version, here you go!
Last Edit: May 30, 2011 8:49:38 GMT -5 by JessiePie
SO sorry for not updating this! I got so caught up in postwhoring that I kind of forgot about this.
4. Monkeyface - Whack Sweat (2006) Oh GOD. I remember when this crap first came out. This was the monkey's extremely lame attempt at going crunk. What the hell is a black sweat anyway? I didn't know sweat have different colors now! Also I know I've talked about his voice before but I have to again - WHAT IS WITH THAT ANNOYING ASS FALSETTO?! This song is just a mess and easily the worst song of 2006 in my book.
3. Slutley Skankrus - A Shitty Party In The USA (In Fact, My Party Is Worse Than Aaron's, COME GET IT!!11) Pretty much everyone who knows me knows I hate Miley Cyrus with a passion, and after Prince and Lil' Wayne she is my least favorite artist of all time. Also, pretty much everyone who knows me knows that I absolutely HAAAATED "The Climb" with a passion. I honestly thought that it would be remotely impossible for her to release anything worse than that. Boy, was I wrong. VERY, VERY, VERY wrong. What the f*ck is this? I'm all for a good, fun, summer anthem but she sounds like shit on this song, although to be fair she does in all her songs. The lyrics are stupid. "And the Britney song was on, and the Britney song was on, and the Britney song was on" - SHUT UP! WE GET IT! THE f*ckING BRITNEY SONG WAS ON. GOD. This is easily the worst pop song I have ever heard. When will this washed-up, talentless whore just retire already?
Post by Billy Uranus on Jun 4, 2011 12:31:43 GMT -5
I was wondering where this went.
I'll check out the Reel Big Fish cover of "Kiss Me Deadly" when I get on the computer. I do enjoy their cover of "Take On Me" by A-Ha though.
I don't have any hatred for #4...it's one of those Prince songs that's kind of just there to me. But #3...that song was just awful! One of the worst songs of 2009, and that says a LOT! Good choice to be this high on your list.
Post by A Strange Boy on Jun 4, 2011 12:46:15 GMT -5
I remember really loving "Party In the USA" when it first come out (she was calling for the return of the monoculture! It was a manifesto of Pop's greatest intentions!) but it wore quick over time, and I think the message was just a little too blunt and pandering (and not in a good way). The song also sounded worse when Miley admitted she'd never actually listened to a Jay-Z song.
2. Lil' Payne - Lolliflop (2008) I had friends in school who LOVED Lil' Wayne and wouldn't shut up about this song. So around the time it went to #1 I figured, why not check it out? It wasn't going to kill me. Apparently I was wrong. This song caused a lot of damage to my ears. First of all, the beat sounds CHEAPER than "Laffy Taffy", "Chain Hang Low", and "Pop, Lock, & Drop It" COMBINED. Second of all, again, HIS VOICE IS SO ANNOYING! I seriously can't explain that enough.
Well, now we are on to my #1 worst song of all-time. Throughout this countdown we have had some ridiculously stupid lyrical themes whether it's poppin' lip gloss, mowers, ping pong, or flies on the wall. We have had some of the most annoying vocalists (in my opinion of course), such as Justin Bieber, Miley Cyrus, J.D. Fortune, and Lil' Wayne. However, out of all the songs that have ever been released, what song could be so bad and ear-abusing that it would rank all the way at #1 on my worst songs of all-time list? Here is your answer...
1. Monkeyface – (I Am A) Pussy (With No) Control (Because I Suck And Have The #1 Worst Song Of All-Time (1995) Actual title of this song is "P. Control", or "Pussy Control". Back when Yahoo Music was Launch, they gave you your own personalized Launchcast radio station, based on songs, artists, and albums you rated. On MSN a few members of M4BCC and I would always play "The Launch Game", where we would listen to each other's station's. That was so fun, I miss that. Damn Yahoo for changing things around. Anyway though, one day we were doing that and I was listening to Adam's station (yes, the same Adam who is Under The Radar on Pulse). I ran out of skips early (they only gave you five free skips on someone else's station). Since I ran out of skips early, I couldn't skip anymore songs. All of a sudden, this Prince song comes on because "Adam rated the artist", and since I never liked Prince/Symbol/Artist Formerly Known As/Princess/Monkeyface/WHATEVER to begin with, of course I was not looking forward to listening to this. But even by Prince's standards, this was A LOT worse than I expected. For starters, it was way too long. It was about six or seven minutes long. Throughout those six or seven minutes it was the monkey saying some very disgusting things, which, again, I really don't care about that and that content usually doesn't bother me, but in this case it does because he's ugly and he sucks. Also during those six or seven minutes, he was RAPPING! Talk about awkward. I've never heard a monkey rap before until I heard this messy excuse for a song! Oh, and what is with the AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH in the beginning of the chorus? Did he seriously run out of things to say and just wrote AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH on a piece of paper? I've heard a lot of bad songs during my lifetime, but to me this one definitely takes the cake as the #1 worst song of all-time.
That's the end of Jessica's Top 250 Worst Songs Of All-Time 2011 countdown! Thank you all for watching, keep your feet on the ground and keep reaching for the stars!
XFER: Well Ivan or whatever it is your name (lol) it's hard not to miss someone when we're so few. <3
Jul 6, 2013 19:01:58 GMT -5
XFER: Ok Ivan, come back!
Jul 10, 2013 7:48:16 GMT -5
Deleted: XFER, i am back. I have something that i think i can spend time posting here. IvanHoe Artists and Songs Chart is gonna be my main purpose here. not expecting people to read. Just me posting my ranking on all the artists i heard in my life. From famous
Jul 14, 2013 3:27:01 GMT -5
Deleted: singer lady gaga to non famous singer Chris Wallace. From One Direction to Onerepublic.
Jul 14, 2013 3:27:49 GMT -5
Pipa: So this station just popped up... www.whistlerfm.ca/ How does a city of 9,000 get a Triple A station, anyway?
Jul 15, 2013 12:03:42 GMT -5
Mrs. Fuckhead: SO BUSY WITH COLLEGE.. My god!
Sept 15, 2013 19:28:15 GMT -5
Pipa: Remember when this chatbox was the hip place to be?
Dec 20, 2013 10:43:15 GMT -5
Billy Uranus: It's time to be hip for 2014.
Jan 6, 2014 23:56:11 GMT -5
Mrs. Fuckhead: Wow has it been this long?!
Mar 8, 2014 13:58:56 GMT -5